Stupid Guitar Store...

Guitardude61951
Full Access
Guitardude61951
Full Access
04/21/2008 9:00 pm
Hey,

So I was looking for a hardshell case for my Dean dimebag tribute. I waited for over a month on them to decide whether or not they could get me a coffin case. Ended up they coudlnt, so I had them order me a wider rectangular case that would work, which took another 2 weeks. I just got it today.

He said it was a "universal" guitar case for all those weird shaped guitars. Well, its meant to fit a Warlock, Explorer, Flying Vs and Jackson Kellys. He said that I just had to re-arrange the little foam pieces. Too bad no combination of them will fit. So here I am with a big guitar case that doesnt accustom my guitar.

I don't think there's any thing the guitar store can do either, because there's really nothing wrong with the case, and they had to order it... What do you guys think I should do?
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/21/2008 10:03 pm
Buy a Dean brand hardshell case. Anyplace that sells Dean's will be able to order you one.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/21/2008 10:11 pm
Take it back to the store and ask them to show you how to re-arrange the foam pieces like they said.
If they can't do it, tell em to get you a case that does fit cause the only reason you bought it was based on their recommendation.
# 3
ajt178
Adriel
ajt178
Adriel
04/21/2008 10:29 pm
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorTake it back to the store and ask them to show you how to re-arrange the foam pieces like they said.
If they can't do it, tell em to get you a case that does fit cause the only reason you bought it was based on their recommendation.

yeah, you can very well take it back. They ordered you something that wasn't the right part.
[FONT=Courier New]
Fender Malmsteen Strat
Crate GT-212 Amp
Behringer V-Amp Pro/Line 6 Pocket Pod
[/FONT]
# 4
ajt178
Adriel
ajt178
Adriel
04/21/2008 10:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitardude61951Hey,

So I was looking for a hardshell case for my Dean dimebag tribute. I waited for over a month on them to decide whether or not they could get me a coffin case. Ended up they coudlnt, so I had them order me a wider rectangular case that would work, which took another 2 weeks. I just got it today.

He said it was a "universal" guitar case for all those weird shaped guitars. Well, its meant to fit a Warlock, Explorer, Flying Vs and Jackson Kellys. He said that I just had to re-arrange the little foam pieces. Too bad no combination of them will fit. So here I am with a big guitar case that doesnt accustom my guitar.

I don't think there's any thing the guitar store can do either, because there's really nothing wrong with the case, and they had to order it... What do you guys think I should do?

on a note about the dean cases, they are very good quality for the money - i bought an equivalently priced fender case for my banjo and it was a piece of garbage, never again will i buy fender anything unless its from the 70's or pre :D
[FONT=Courier New]
Fender Malmsteen Strat
Crate GT-212 Amp
Behringer V-Amp Pro/Line 6 Pocket Pod
[/FONT]
# 5
Guitardude61951
Full Access
Guitardude61951
Full Access
04/22/2008 5:53 pm
I'll do that this weekend, I guess. *sigh*... I'm done with this damn guitar store, EVERY TIME I get something from them, there's an issue. Its just the closest one. By the way its a Gator Case. Considering I bought my Dean from these guys, I don't see them ordering me a Dean case, or they would have got it right the first time. There are 4 sets of foam pieces each one for that specific guitar. The guy said that I just had to look for the "Dime" or "DB" which there wasn't any so theres no need for him to try to arrange them. Is there a place online I can buy the case I need? I have a good hunch I'm not going to get the case I want from these guys.
# 6
Silimtao
Silimtao
04/22/2008 7:17 pm
I agree with Kevin. Make them show you how to fit the guitar in properly, or ask for your money back.

Did you happen to charge the purchase? In many states, consumer protection laws state that purchases made by CC are refundable should the goods or services rendered are not what is advertised or not in the condition as promised, you are due a refund. I'd suggest calling you CC carrier and ask if they accord that type of protection, and put them on notice you may be filing a dispute; they may immediately put it in dispute, which would give you leverage with the store- if they don't take the case back or offer you satisfaction, you can tell them, "well, good luck on getting paid." It's a hassle, but I hate it when people try to burn me.

Good luck.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 7
emarwood
emarwood
04/22/2008 8:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitardude61951Hey,

Take the case back to the shop you got it from. Get your money back. You are well within your rights. And try a different shop. If they are incapable of doing their job correctly then they don't deserve your custom.
We know not the minute or the hour. We should live each lipgloss as if it's our last. (Marian Keys. The Nicest Thing That Ever Happened to Me)
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.