Used google account as login and now can't access phone app

vs.souza
Full Access
vs.souza
Full Access
03/30/2023 10:10 pm

Hello,

I setup my account from my computer and used my gmail account as login. I never got a password setup since I just click on access with my gmail account to login. Recently I downloaded the phone app and it doesn't have the gmail login feature and asks for a username and password.

I already tried to reset my password through the website Profile area but it requests for the current password that doesn't exist. I also tried to logout and click on forgot my password (providing my gmail account as email) but I don't get any emails to change the password.

How can I proceed to app the site and the app? That's essential for me since I study from my computer when I'm home but I use my phone to study when travelling.

Thank you very much.

# 1
vs.souza
Full Access
vs.souza
Full Access
03/31/2023 9:26 am

Also tried to create a new account through the phone app and it says the email already exists. This is really annoying. Can someone from GuitarTricks get back to me on this please?

# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/31/2023 6:14 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: vs.souza

Hello,

I setup my account from my computer and used my gmail account as login. I never got a password setup since I just click on access with my gmail account to login. Recently I downloaded the phone app and it doesn't have the gmail login feature and asks for a username and password.

I already tried to reset my password through the website Profile area but it requests for the current password that doesn't exist. I also tried to logout and click on forgot my password (providing my gmail account as email) but I don't get any emails to change the password.

How can I proceed to app the site and the app? That's essential for me since I study from my computer when I'm home but I use my phone to study when travelling.

Thank you very much.

Hi vs.sousza,

We can assist with a manual global password reset that will fix this issue. Please send us an email at admin@guitartricks.com so we can send you your new password. 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3
kenneth.lafond
Full Access
kenneth.lafond
Full Access
12/29/2023 9:17 am

This is the same reason I came to the forums.  If a global password reset is done, will I still be able to log into the website with my Gmail account as the login, or will I have to use the new password (only need a password due to the limitation of the mobile app).

# 4
wintercurrants
wintercurrants
01/10/2024 3:19 am

I'm wondering the same thing. Will I be able to get in to the website using my Gmail account if I have a global password reset, or will I have to use the new password?  geometry dash world

edited
# 5
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/10/2024 6:40 pm

Hi All, you will still be able to login with google on the website after a global password reset. The developers are currently working on adding social logins to the apps.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.