Boss Mt2 how do I get a slayer tone

TheTrooper
TheTrooper
10/26/2003 10:32 pm
Does anyone know a site with sound patchs for the boss metal zone pedal. I cant get the sounds Im looking for i.e early slayer from the show no mercy album, testament, and also some sort of powermetal sound like blind guardian or hammerfall. I mess with the settings but Im not pleased with them I get a lot of feedback and I dont know what thats from. Im using brand new cables but Im playing through a 20 watt Crate amp (Im pretty sure sure thats where the feedback is from). If anyone can give me the settings they use and tell me how to set the equalizers on my amp.

[Edited by TheTrooper on 10-27-2003 at 11:51 PM]
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/28/2003 3:11 am
Hey, Trooper, I moved the thread to here from the Gear section, so maybe someone who has your answer will see it.

Good luck. :)
L.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
10/28/2003 12:35 pm
I'm pretty sure the feedback you get is from the pedal not the amp ... That's pretty normal from such a pedal , specially at louder volumes.
You'll need a noise gate pedal to overcome this , & learn how to controle the feedback .

Settings will differ depending on your amp and it's settings , but if your looking for a thick & heavy dist sounding for practicing alone , the old trick is to scoop the mids , crank the bass and the drive.

BTW, Slayer's tone hasn't changed overtime , it's just the tunning and the quality of the recordings !
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.