View post (Guitar Tricks - The go-to site for Stones nerds?)

View thread

alffvdh
Full Access
alffvdh
Full Access
01/29/2024 11:01 pm

I understand that negotiations for rights to use music would be commercially sensitive, but GT could do themselves a lot of good by giving their loyal subscribers a bit of a heads-up as to where they are going or at least hope to go. At the moment it feels like they have no future plans..... other than some jazz stuff ( which is cool.... but not for everyone), or the other 400 or so relatively obscure Stones songs that they haven't done lessons for yet ( I like the Stones...... but not that much ). Its been quite a long time since GT informed us that they were losing a bunch of song lessons, but if I recall correctly, they did say they were planning to get new material in. Strictly speaking, they have done so by releasing lessons on the Stones and the Jazz stuff and some skill/technique stuff. I'm pretty sure that a lot of their loyal subcribers interpreted " new lessons" to be somewhat more than what has been offered.

It would be nice to have an update and a clue as to where they think this site is headed.

Alf