View post (Guitar Tricks - The go-to site for Stones nerds?)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
01/12/2024 10:54 pm

Of course not.  Musicians change too... their sound, sometimes even their genre (I really liked Taylor when she was doing country/bluegrass).  The 'Stones themselves go back and forth between blues and rock and 'stuff.'

My opinionated point - all the GT discussion about song lessons boil down to the member's expression of what they like or don't like.  It's subjective and personal and GT will never escape the complaints.  To be sure, it's been Rolling Stones heavy but take a survey of what is wanted, and the multiple answers won't be satisfying... or congruous.  Other than, 'less 'Stones.'  😉

For years and years GT had a Song Request sub-forum.  There might have been a lesson resulting from the requests but I never saw one.  No doubt GT's lesson decisions are based on business considerations and instructor interests.  Well... maybe there's some doubt.  😁

Me?  I just move to one of the myriad other sites/YouTube channels that do an excellent, but not as good job, as GT.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins