Dear Guitar Tricks - Have You Considered Music Notes?

ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
09/04/2023 2:39 pm

Dear Guitar Tricks

Have you considered using Music Notes for the licensing issues that caused you to remove hundreds of songs?  Since what you removed contained a handful of songs that are on my "To Learn" list I (like many others expressing their opinions here) have been searching the internet/YouTube universe for another source of those songs.  None of the lessons are as good as what your instructors do, and many do not provide tabs.  But what I found is that some of YouTube creators that do provide tabs (Mr. Tabs and GuitarHero2Zero for example) use Music Notes to publish the tabs of their own single guitar arrangements that match their lessons.  According to those creator's web sites, Music Notes takes care of all the licensing arrangements and royalty payments and makes everything legal.  And they have many of the same songs that you deleted.  I have already downloaded and printed five of such songs to use to follow along with their lesson.  Yes, there is a cost to me to download the tabs.  About $5.00 per song (which I assume includes the license fee to the copyright holder), and it can be further discounted by purchasing an annual membership to Music Notes.  I would gladly pay $5.00 per song that I want to print and learn on Guitar Tricks, if that allowed you to bring back the hundreds that you deleted.  Because your instructor's lessons are so much better.

If they can do it ... why can't you?

Respectfully

Gary

Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.