View post (Am I being too picky, lazy, thick, etc. or this lesson is kind of half-arsed...?)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/14/2023 11:14 am

"Those inconsistencies are killing me... there are so many, I do not want to call them mistakes as I am not good enough yet to learn from just listening, video shows one thing, tells you other and notation something else as well... I just do not have time to correct someone else's job all the time..."

I'm sorry for your frustration.  I get that you want it all to be correct for the best learning experience.  I will forward your concerns to the notation & admin team to review.  On this particular lesson I will request the whole thing be looked over.

"Please correct me if I am wrong and I am just a whining individual... Do people really do not care about all those mistakes/inconsistencies? Maybe I am just too accurate and pay too much attention to details... Maybe the whole teaching through videos is just super hard to get right and this is what it comes to..."

The material should be done correctly so I appreciate your concerns.

"yea I could just ignore it play whatever but then another thing pops up, and another and another... 

I am either too demanding (expect too much)/someone has to do a better job especially when they are getting paid for it/the guitar is just not for me"

In my experience students are on a continuum of expectations.  Some are detail oriented, some less so.  In this case, if the lesson is frustrating you, then skip it & work on something else.  Especially until it gets reviewed.

In some cases there is so much material to teach (so many notes, rhythms, articulations) that it is really is difficult to pull it all together into a cohesive teaching experience.  But we'd like everything to be as correct and clear as possible!

Thanks for the heads up!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory