View post (Am I being too picky, lazy, thick, etc. or this lesson is kind of half-arsed...?)

View thread

tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
08/14/2023 6:34 am

Those inconsistencies are killing me... there are so many, I do not want to call them mistakes as I am not good enough yet to learn from just listening, video shows one thing, tells you other and notation something else as well... I just do not have time to correct someone else's job all the time...

I pay for the service to come and learn and would like to trust my teacher to teach me well. What I find is clunky as hell forum, inconsistencies in teaching/notation/videos spending time figuring out stuff on my own because it was poorly noted/shown/instructed etc.

I hate the idea that I have to come here all the time, interrupt my learning/practising to show the mistakes/inconsistencies and waste my time doing so because people who are/were paid for it have done it poorly.... 

Please correct me if I am wrong and I am just a whining individual... Do people really do not care about all those mistakes/inconsistencies? Maybe I am just too accurate and pay too much attention to details... Maybe the whole teaching through videos is just super hard to get right and this is what it comes to...

I am not even trying... all the mistakes/inconsistencies just pop up when I try to learn/practise

E.g.

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/31348

3:13

With the bend on the 8th string there seems to be a PH (pinch harmonic) in notation and there is not a word about it in the video/can't really tell in the performance video.

and yea I could just ignore it play whatever but then another thing pops up, and another and another... 

I am either too demanding (expect too much)/someone has to do a better job especially when they are getting paid for it/the guitar is just not for me

Probably it's all of the above lol