View post (Am I being too picky, lazy, thick, etc. or this lesson is kind of half-arsed...?)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/29/2023 12:44 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: tgchan

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/15589

This is not the first time when I see some random strumming pattern without explaining how it should go...

Basically... just strum whatever you want until you f... figure it out on your own...

I don't know if I am expecting too much but it is kind of annoying as it doesn't really differs much from something I can easily find for free on the internet...

Again... maybe I want/expect too much and I genuinely have no clue...

So what are your thoughts on that?

I am talking about the second riff part (octaves)

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/15589

I have figured out the first riff mostly... and it sounds almost exactly the same now and I am sure I will get the second one right as well (hopefully) at some point but AGAIN... this gives me some bad vibes... like the lessons are half-arsed and not done right...

Again... maybe I am too lazy/convenient/expect too much and this is how hard it should be and I should try for days until I get it right because this is the way.

I would love to hear your opinions on that matter. Is it something that's easy for you (figuring out that strum pattern)? Do you also think it should be done better?

( also reported and assured it will be taken care of months ago... spellchecker still gives you a weird function of COPY LINK instead of norma/usual second mouse button window... ffs... you can't even use your mouse to copy/paste because of it... )

I think this tutorial was originally published in 2010.  So, it's older one from Mike when he was probably just getting started with GT.  The video production & the instruction have both improved greatly since then.  This is one reason GT does reshoots.

So, I think you're looking at an older tutorial that's showing it's age.  :) 

If you need more assistance with the song you might want to ask Mike in his forum. Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory