View post (Solid State/ Tube amps. I dont understand.)

View thread

Guitardude61951
Full Access
Guitardude61951
Full Access
03/04/2008 6:37 pm
Hey,

Alright, first off let me just say I know freaking DIDDLY SQUAT when it comes to amplifiers. Other than some are awesome to rock out on, and others.. not so much.

My first amp was a Yamaha amp. i couldnt tell you the model, this was over 5 years ago, and it'd been gone and sold. I never liked it from the start, but it came with the Yamah eg 112 beginners guitar I started on.

The only other amp I've owned since, is the one I'm currently having worked on. It's a Fender FM65DSP and I think it's a lot better, but I think I'm still looking for something in my tone.

I checked out the Sticky on picking the right amp out, and I can't answer the question: Do you want Solid-state or Tube. Simply because, I dont know the difference! I checked out the pros and cons and I want to say that I've only played on solid-state amps, but I dont know.

I looked up a description of my amp on musiciansfriend, and it didnt say either way what kind of amp it is. So, I'm still pretty lost as to what I'm looking for amp-wise.