Cant Decide on a Les Paul!!!!!

leetyguy
leetyguy
12/30/2007 7:42 pm
I've been trying to find the right guitar to save up for. i already have a job lined up for the summer and money saved up. I finally found the guitar i want, a Gibson LP. i just cant find the right one for me. i play everything from rock to heavy metal and hardcore and i'm pretty sure the LP is the best guitar to get for the type of tone i want. Can someone gimme some advice. The main one i've been looking at is the Les Paul menace. Has anyone had any experience with these? I cant spend anymore then 2K so any advice would help
i fur goin through hell, keep goin. :D
# 1
Vairish
Vairish
12/30/2007 9:31 pm
I really liked the Menace. It sounds like a Les Paul but has a satin finish which I find a lot more playable than a gloss finish (just a personal preference). Aesthetically though I didnt like the routes in the body behind the bridge.

If you are after a more raw Gibson, which im presuming by your choice of the Menace, the BFG might be a good consideration. Its relatively cheap, it has the best feeling neck of any Gibson ive played, the pickup combo is great (Burstbucker 3 and a P-90) and in real life it doesnt look too bad! As someone who babies his guitars I really want to pick one of these up so I can just let loose with it without feeling bad :D
# 2
ronbelluso
ronbelluso
12/31/2007 2:48 am
Like I've said in other posts, I am a huge fan of slash, if you like his tone, Gibson did a good job placing Slash's signature pickups into this axe. Video below:

Slash review and video
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.