- Identifying The Key Signature
- Playing The Major Scale In Time
- Major Scale Play Along
- Targeting Chord Tones
- Chord Tones Play Along
- Using The Scale And Targeting Chord Tones
- Melody Play Along
- Melody An Octave Higher
- Octave Higher Melody Play Along
- Modulation Melody Play Along
- Modulation An Octave Higher
- Octave Higher Modulation Melody Play Along
I hope these lessons give you a good introduction to improvisation. I wanted to keep things as simple and straight forward as possible in order to make a decent introduction for beginners to the idea. As such I kept the options very simple. Remember the basics:
1. Find an appropriate scale (key signature)
2. Target chord tones
3. Make musical phrases
After this tutorial please continue to the next two for more specific examples of how to use these ideas to start improvising.
- Any Style
You need to be registered to ask our instructors a question.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this lesson yet.