You Have Reached A Full Access SectionGet full access
Whammy Bar from the Beginning
In this tutorial, we'll learn some rock whammy (or "vibrato") bar techniques. I'll start by looking at some basic techniques and licks, then talk about how the whammy bar works and some insights into tuning issues. Then I'll teach you a rock riff with whammy, some "divebombing", and some ornamental dips. Next up are a few lessons using hammer-ons and pull-offs, followed by "harmonic dipping and screaming". We'll end with a play along.
Instructor Christopher Schlegel
- Videos / Score
- Basic Vibrato Bar Technique & Licks
- How The Vibrato Bar Works
- Keeping The Vibrato System In Tune
- Tune Up, Not Down
- Be Aware Of Pitch & Rhythm
- Rock Style Riff
- Tora! Tora! Divebombing!
- G String Divebomb
- Kickstart Your Motor Scooter!
- Single Note Ornamental Dips
- Hammer-On, Pull-Off Diving
- Hammer-On, Pull-Off Climbing
- More Hammer-On, Pull-Off Diving
- Harmonic Dipping & Screaming
- More Harmonic Dipping & Screaming
- Vibrato Bar Rock Playalong