View post (Why I love Gretsch guitars!)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
04/10/2023 11:21 pm

You did post a pic of your Gretsch once before Rumble mentioning the model, but the new forum software wasn't co-operative in locating it. Is that the smaller bout/bodied G5655TG centre block in Apsen Green? If so, here's a magnificent aesthetic presentation of it. I love Bonners' presentations of their guitars for sale.

One of the  things I really like about Gretsch's Electromatics, are their pickups. Although not Gretsch's premium or prestige segment models, nevertheless, the FT-5E Filter'Trons and Black Top Filter'Trons and Broad'Trons sound so good OOTB, no need to change for performance excellence.

Amazing how all of their body shapes and builds have discernable unique sound signatures with the same Broad'Tron or Filter'Tron pickups aboard. I like the mids of the Black Top Broad'Trons too. I think I need another Gretsch. Haha. 

I was looking for a review from one of my fav demo people, but he hasn't demonstrated the G5655TG. Guitarist, who also reviewed my G5422TG, does a pretty good job though. So I found this there, although not in Aspen Green. Short, but shows off the fullness and richness of those Black Top Broad'Trons in this guitar well. Thought this one finesses and shows off its bluesy tones over the pickup selection range well.

👍 

edited