View post (Signature guitars for cheap?? HUH??)

View thread

Guitardude61951
Full Access
Guitardude61951
Full Access
03/02/2008 10:36 am
Hey GT,

Light487 - I really DO want to believe that they are some kind of "fakes", but what I dont understand about that concept, is that this place is now celebrating its 30th year anniversary of legitimate business. Had I joined Guitar Tricks about a year ago, I could show you their website, but it looks like it no longer exists, and I'm thinking for real legitimate reasons, probably maintenance costs. The MAIN real-deal guitar player that REALLY sells the place (not the official owner) has actually been featured in Guitar World years ago, so I really like to think he wouldnt risk his reputation helping a business sell fake bs guitars. If they're selling fakes, isnt that illegal, and they should have been shut down LONG AGO?

Spychocyco - That's not exactly the same Dean Dimebag Tribute I've got, but you've got the right idea. Mine is all black, with two Humbucker Pickups instead of just the bridge one. Just for reference, can you tell me what that bridge type is? Here's my guitar:

I REALLY want to say that the Kirk Hammett Model I bought is INDEED an LTD, but I'm not positive. I'll be going back up there in a week, so I can verify then. It makes sense, though. However, forgive me if I'm wrong later on, but I believe the headstock is different. Instead of having all six tuners on one side, i believe there are 3 on each side of the head stock. Other than that it looks EXACTLY like the legit KH model and plays great. So, can someone tell me what the difference between the LTD and ESP kirk hammett models are? Because, now I see no point in paying $2000+ for literally the same guitar that just has "different" materials.

Thanks Guitar Tricks for your time.