View post (Signature guitars for cheap?? HUH??)

View thread

Guitardude61951
Full Access
Guitardude61951
Full Access
03/02/2008 4:05 am
Hey,

Okay, today I put a guitar on lay away. Before I get to that, I'd like to state that this is the ONLY music shop I've ever visited. They sell mostly guitars and piano/keyboard equipment, but they have used concert band instruments, but not nearly as many.

Now, The first guitar I bought off of them was a Dean Dimebag Darrell tribute guitar. However, it only has 22 frets and no Floyd Rose whammy. It was only $300, but I didnt think anything of it at the time. I looked at Musiciansfriend.com for it, but couldnt find it for a picture or real price.

The guitar I put on lay away today is a Kirk Hammett Signature. It has EVERYTHING like the musiciansfriend.com guitar does. however, the price on musiciansfriend.com is $2000+, and the price I'm paying... $500. WHAT GIVES???

There's something fishy going on, there just HAS TO BE!! The thing is, I PLAYED both guitars BEFORE buying, and have been BLOWN AWAY BOTH TIMES!! It just doesn't add up how these signature guitars are so damn cheap at this place? Is it possible that these signature guitars are not authentic, and perhaps some sort of cheap replicas?? thats the only thing going through my mind right now.

I'd just like to know, if I've been ripping myself off with "fake" guitars... Thanks Guitar Tricks for any input at all.