View post (short fingers vs long fingers)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
06/04/2008 2:06 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter1801I have the same problem. I don't know how it starts for you, but for me since I have short fingers, I have to angle my wrist a lot more to reach around the neck. If thats the case for you I think theres really nothing that can be done. I HAVE to bend my wrist almost toa 90 degree angle or I won't be able to reach frets on the 6th string, or play some chords without mutting strings with my fingers.
You or anyone else with this problem hang your guitar like a gunslinger? The lower the guitar, the more you're going to have to angle your wrist. I don't have giganto hands, but the rare times I play while standing, my guitar is above my belt-line, just as if I'm sitting. This makes fretting a helluva lot easier. One of my guitar heroes, Roy Buchanan, used to wear his guitar way above his waist, practically on his chest. May not look cool, but at least you can hit hit the high frets without contorting your wrist or body.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)