View post (a waste of time?)

View thread

axemaster911
axemaster911
02/05/2006 2:21 pm
Originally Posted by: 16andlifetogois learning theory a wast of time, i talked to a few guitarest i know, and they said i dont need to learn theory. they said just learn my scales, and know them. that i dont need to get that far into it. both of the guys i talked to are prety good and are both lead players in a band.

i was wondering if anyone else out there feels the same way or not.
please let me know what your opinions are..

thanks guys

When you try to teach yourself as much as you can about your gutiar, and the music it plays you will start to make improvments mesured in leaps, and bounds, and start to enjoy playing more than ever, as well as showing off to your friends. I am confident you will quickly surpass those who told you it wasent nessicary as well. Learn 1st all notes top to bottom on your fretboard, or at least the pattern the notes follow on the neck, as well as open string notes. Then what notes are in what keys is important. Once you find the keks you like to play in, and the notes in each of those keys, 7 notes per key, not impossible to remember, or at least the pattern they follow. This basic understanding will have you creating sounds so good youll scare yourself, and practice more, because you may start to like scareing yourself. It might even take you places you couldnt get to otherwise. Knowledge is power!