View post (sound crisis for big battle, need advice)

View thread

loner92
loner92
04/23/2001 11:53 pm
Originally posted by sixstringshredda
thanks that does help A LOT!

Now of course I have a new problem.

We had another soundcheck today at the school. PA speaks and bass sounded perfect, but I had elevated my amp this time, and the guitar sounded like total trash; it wasnt that bad for my leads, but as soon as i broke into rhythym it just blew.

Any certain way I should have my EQ setup? Or the specifics on the hieght of my amp?

Thanks

It's a good thing you noticed the sound differance ahead of time, that's the sound you're audience would've heard. Mess with your eq to squeeze the best possible sound out of it. I stronly reccomend getiing a good tube or modeling (but tubes sound better in my opinion) half stack if you plan on gigging. Those new Marshall AVT amps (especially the 150 watt ones) sound reaaly good too.
Look around ugbm.com if you're short on cash. The best value on a new 4x12 is the Carvin Legacy cab (EXELLENT price, and Celestion Vintage 30's, which are arguably the best speakers for distortion made), by the way.

If getting a new amp isn't a possibility, a Boss Metal Zone and GE-7 will do wonders for your tone (when set up properly), both of which you can find cheaply at ugbm.com . But you probably won't be satisfed until you have a good half stack (the closed back 4x12 cab is a must for hard rock/metal).

I almost forgot, you probably will need to tweak your amp settings one the gymnasium is full of people, they'll affect the acoustics of the building.

Once you get your tone worked out, there is only one thing left to do: KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES!