View post (Other interests?)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
04/08/2005 4:23 pm
I've always liked to read from when I was a kid and didn't know the meanign of the word "certain" in a certain story whose line was "Once upon a time there lived a certain cheetah...". I haven't been reading as much as I would like to, but I will get back into the habit. I kinda stopped growing intellectually at the age of 20 or thereabouts (I'm 26 now), but I'm trying to get back into my game.
I work in a photo studio/color processing lab, so it goes without saying that I'm into photography in no small way.
I like writing, and evey so often I'll get a good peice going even I will look at it and think, man, that is not half bad, now, is it? A certain guy stumbled on something I'd written (actually it's my website but I don't want to say so just in case you read and were not impressed :p ) and told me I should quit physics (which I did, tho not coz he said to) and take up writing. If I never make a proper writer, I hope to become successful enough in whatever i undertake to warrant my writing memoirs, and if I do write those, trust me, they'll be good 'uns.
I have all this design software (Macromedia Freehand, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator). I tinker around with them, but I'm not yet a "pro" with them.
I have a thing for luthiersm. I'll make guitar making (mostly acoustics, and maybe classicals) a bit of a hobby when I'm comfortable enough with other things in my life to pursue the said hobby.
I'd love to watch more movies than I do, but time is a constrain. Maybe one day I'll take a movie holiday, get me all these DVD's and lock me away for two weeks.
I'm told cooking impresses girls. I also know that making your food is healthy. So I cook every so often, and want to make it more of a habit. I'd also like to get into a bit of gourmet cooking. As it happens, cooking wasn't that much of an art in African society, so you don't have a whole lot of gourmet african dishes. So trying to come up with some, or look at the work of those who have, wouldn't be a bad idea.
There!